Friday, October 29, 2010

A Crack in the Door

John 3: 24-30

24. For John had not yet been thrown into prison. 25. There arose therefore a discussion on the part of John's disciples with a Jew about purification. 26. And they came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have borne witness, behold, He is baptizing, and all are coming to Him." 27. John answered and said, "A man can receive nothing, unless it has been given him from heaven. 28. "You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, 'I am not the Christ,' but, 'I have been sent before Him.' 29. "He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. And so this joy of mine has been made full. 30. "He must increase, but I must decrease".
 
 

 
Today, I've been hearing this in my spirit. Over and over it has been told to me.

I'm taking a break from Galatians to share with you what I feel God may be saying to me.
 
I feel like I'm supposed to share something with all of you; I guess, not for an opinion, but as a step of faith for all of you to be my "witnesses".  I feel like a door is cracked open and I'm being told to "take a peek inside". In the past I've mentioned that I was called to teach, and share God's Word.  It's not something I've talked alot about because, well, in a nutshell, I'm not doing that in my day to day life right now. I have in the past, but since I've had health problems, that part of my life has been limited by God's hand. 
 
I love to teach and share with you from here, on this blog. But I'm feeling things are about to change. (Not in the blog, but in another area of my life. ) How do I know? Honestly it's more than a feeling, more of a gut knowing. Something I'm awakened with in the middle of the night. Something that comes to mind at odd and obscure moments. It doesn't go away. Now is there anything "in the natural" that gives credibility to this? No. Actually, a resounding "NO". So why am I sharing this now with all of you? Because I'm supposed to. I know this little post seems random and mysterious, and in my own mind, I guess it really is. I know nothing about what the future will be like a year from now. I think I'm just being obedient to share this with you.
 
We are all given "gifts" and "portions" from God. Some of this and some of that. I have a little "something" inside that has been there for a long time, but the flame has been diminished. I've had to let it sit on the back part of the shelf for the last seven years now, but God seems to be taking that little something and moving it toward the front. He's been doing it quietly and without me really knowing about it. I'll look around, and there it is; moving forward.
 
Honestly, I'd rather be doing a lesson from Galatians today, but that was not meant to be. Sharing a little bit of my heart is what is happening instead. This isn't meant to be spooky or anything weird. I've just been getting a "heads up" from the Holy Spirit, and I think this is a step of faith to share it.
 
So why the underlined verse in John 3? When I read this passage, that verse jumped off the page at me. There are a lot of things in life that we "receive" but only the things that God gives us are lasting. And what He gives us, He asks us to use. The way we are asked to use it may not always be exactly the way we think we would like. In other words, things don't always turn out the way we think they will or should. I've been trying to "put on Jesus" everyday, and in doing so I have to let Him "hold the coat" so to speak. Do you get that picture in your mind's eye? Like a gentleman helping a lady with her jacket. He's holding the "coat", and I'm letting Him put it on me.
 
So, now that I have everyone totally saying "Huh...?" Join the club. I guess that's where I am. With a  question mark, and an open heart. Willing to do what God asks, not sure where I'm going, but willing. I consider you all friends, even if we haven't met, so "friends" please pray for the door to open.

(and in a p.s. sort of thing, I know there are a lot of metaphors in this little rambling post, but God gives little mental pictures to help describe and explain things to me, so that's how I'm sharing it with you.)
 
love in Jesus,
Debra

4 comments:

  1. Debra, I have always enjoyed reading your "A Day in the Life" message. I will pray that you receive God's plan for you clearly. Thank you for all the days that you have started my mornings off with the Word of God. Thank you for sharing with us this morning, your post. God Bless you with your health and your decisions. With much love my friend, sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God lead you in the right path:)

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your Debra.
    Blessings, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  4. It only takes a little breeze to blow that door open. Blessings Debra.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a comment, big or small.